My First Blog!

 


Hello everyone! My name is Crystal Poulsen, I live in Fairbanks, Alaska with my husband, Terry and our two pug mix breeds, Luna and Rocco. I am working towards achieving an associates of applied science in business management at the University of Fairbanks, Alaska.

My interests vary from snowboarding when its warm outside to curling up with a blanket and watching the whole Harry Potter series again, when it's too below zero for my liking. I also enjoy traveling (pre-covid), playing video games, watching and/or drawing anime, and lots of different kinds of arts and crafts/DIY projects.

Music has always been one of my biggest passions throughout my life. I would say my taste of music is quite open to almost anything, but if I had to choose my favorite genres I would narrow it down to  alternative/rock/rap. I was lucky enough to have been able to attend several "Road to Van's Warped Tour" (Huge tour that traveled across North America every summer since 1995) tours in Anchorage, Alaska before this tour ended for good in 2019. So I have been able attended quite a few concerts and have seen 20+ bands known nation wide. 

When I was younger I dabbled with several instruments such as, guitar, viola, and snare drums. However, nothing compares to my memory bank I have for lyrics so naturally I transferred to choir and never looked back! I continued choir through grade school and middle school however in high school I took a different route and focused on my softball career instead of choir. 

All and all, I am very passionate about music and I am very excited to explore all different kinds of music with everyone! Until next time, Toodles!





Comments

  1. Even with my deep background in music, students are always surprising me with music both new and old. You will have a blast exploring music with your classmates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already have been thoroughly enjoying this class! Can't wait to learn more!

      Delete
  2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years is also my children's favorite song, and I was amazed how they could memorize the lyrics after listening to it a few times... it reminds me developmental psychology... keep on learning and cherish every stage:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this song mainly for the meaning behind the lyrics. It's something that anyone in any walk of life can relate to. It speaks to my soul.

      Delete
  3. Hi Crystal, 7 Years by Lukas Graham is one of my favorite songs from high school, it is so catchy! I too, am a fan of alternative music, and I am envious of how many concerts you have been able to go to; that is one of my goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is difficult being in Alaska for the music scene, try to follow some local music producers and you can find out about a concert even before ticket sales happen!

      Delete
  4. I like your blog Crystal, especially the colors. I like 7 Years too, it has some really great lyrics. Like Jazmyn, I am also jealous of how many concerts you have attended. I have always wanted to go to one, but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like my color scheme! They were my wedding color scheme as well! It's so pleasant on the eyes! And I suggest start following music producers on any social media you use and you'll be surprised how often concerts happen!

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your blog post! Lukas Graham is one of my favorite new artists! So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love harry potter. It's gotta be the nostalgia but there is NOTHING more comforting than rewatching/reading that series. Even though I consistently and audibly say "oh no" and tear up every time Sirius dies as if I don't know exactly what's going to happen. My boyfriend doesn't know why I subject myself to it. He just doesn't understand. Alternative/rock/rap are all favorites of. mine as well! Though I'm a sucker for the oldies. Looking forward to this semester and working together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care how many times I've seen/read Fred's Death scene and I still cry every single time! My husband accepts my Harry Potter obsession, and entertains it. Our wedding theme was lightly Harry Potter and then we spent our honeymoon in Orlando at Harry Potter World! I found a keeper when I found him! :D

      We will have to trade some artist names and see what we have in common!

      Delete
  7. Hi Crystal! Great blog post! I was a band kid all through high school and middle school and never really liked choir. However, my senior year I switched to choir for the last semester and loved it. I really wish I had started sooner, but good thing I at least did it once! I haven't seen Harry Potter, but I would certainly like to eventually. Have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy singing in my choir, I had a few really engaged teachers that made it fun!

      Seems very similar to our teacher now, I look forward to learning from her!

      P.S. You won't regret getting on the Harry Potter Band Wagon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Music and The Fictive Dream- "The Other Side"

The Evolution of Electronic Music